- Kate Harding is the author of Asking For It: The Alarming Rise of Rape
Culture–and What We Can Do About It.
- Every seven minutes, someone in America commits a rape. In Asking for It, Harding combines in-depth research with an in-your-face voice to make the case that twenty-first-century America supports rapists more effectively than victims.
- As a freelance writer, she has been published in outlets such as Bitch, Jezebel, Dame and Broad(sheet), as well as The Guardian, Cosmopolitan, The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, The New York Daily News, and many more.
- Kate is currently at work on a Ph.D. in creative writing and has joined The Loft Literary Center as a teaching artist .
- Kate has lectured to college audiences around the country on rape culture, body image, and writing.